stimulating curiousity and a passion for literacy
The Feldman Children's Library at Congregation B'nai Israel offers a robust collection of meaningful materials that help readers connect with their heritage and themselves, along with strong programming led by Heidi Rabinowitz (“Ms. Heidi”), a professional librarian with a Master's Degree in Library Science. It is a full-service circulating library with a collection of approximately 10,000 volumes that serves the students, families and staff of NCECE, SLJ and all of CBI. The library has received Advanced Accreditation from the Association of Jewish Libraries.
For questions about our library or programs, contact Ms. Heidi.
Sections of our library
- Judaica Collection
- Cannon Family Social Action Collection
- Secular Preschool Collection (including American Holidays section)
- Teacher Resource Collection
- Bibliotherapy Collection
- Multimedia Collection (Video & Audio)
- Weekly Library Storytime for all NCECE students
- Weekly Look & See visual literacy special for NCECE students ages 3 and up
- Boogie with Books enrichment class
- Library programming for SLJ classes upon request
- Book check-out for all ages
Help support our library Join The Feldman Children's Library Honors Program
Our library honors program was created to fund programming and purchase library materials. Your contribution will help build community and inspire readers. We are happy to thank our donors with names of those they wish to honor or memorialize inscribed on bookplates, on the leaves of our Tree of Knowledge, and on chair and shelf plaques. We are also glad to create named special collections.