“Congregation with a Conscience”
Congregation B’nai Israel was built on a foundation of service to the community. CBI offers a variety of opportunities for our members to perform mitzvot throughout South Florida and beyond through our social action arm, the Kantor Family Center for Justice (KFCJ). Our focus is to help those in need, build interfaith ties with other religious groups, and provide more ways for you to fulfill not only these mitzvot, but the mitzvah of Tikkun Olam, repairing the world.
Let’s work together to make a difference!
This is also a great way for our youth to earn community service hours. We always welcome new ideas, new volunteers and new projects. To join CBI's Volunteer Group and participate in one (or all) of our programs below, click here.
Each month we collect specific items to donate to various charities within our community. Click here to see what we are collecting this month.
The Little Free Pantry
Our Little Free Pantries are outdoor pantries filled by our members with non-perishable food items available to our community.
How to Donate Items & Food
Donations can be dropped off Monday and Friday mornings from 9:30 am – 11:30 am or Monday afternoons from 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm in the bin in Admin Circle.
Lori Sklar Mitzvah Day
For over 28 years, we have been celebrating our dedication to Tikkun Olam with a day where we perform acts of mitzvot together as a congregation through collections, on and off campus activities for all ages
For the past 25 years, CBI’s Sandwich Brigade volunteers have made and delivered 150-200 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches each week to The Boys and Girls Club of Boca Raton and The Caring Kitchen in Delray Beach for children in underserved afterschool programs.
- Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County
- Boca Helping Hands
- Tri-County Animal Rescue
- Jewish Family Services
- In Jacob’s Shoes
- MorseLife Foundation
- Achievement Centers for Children & families
- Dress for Success
- Women in Distress
- One Love-One Community Foundation
- The Milagro Center
- Habitat for Humanity
- CROS Ministries
- Farm Workers Council
- Palm Beach Housing Authority
- Caring Kitchen
- Jewish War Veterans of the United States of America
- Vietnam Veterans Affairs
- American Breast Cancer Association
- JAFCO (Jewish Adoption and Family Care Options)
- Stand Among Friends
- Best Foot Forward
- Southeastern Guide Dogs, Inc.
- Spirit of Giving Network
- Family Promise
- Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church
- Soup Kitchen of Boynton Beach
- Wayne Barton Study Center
- Boys and Girls Club
- Boca Raton Elementary
- Palm Beach County Food Bank
- SOS Children’s Village
- Gumbo Limbo Nature Preserve
- The Place of Hope
- Manor House Senior Living
- Gould House Senior Living
- Gift of Life Bone Marrow Registry
- Pearl City Cats
- AVDA - Aid to Victims of Domestic Abuse
- ARZA (Association of Reform Zionists of America)
- JNF (Jewish National Fund)
- Magen David Adom - Ambulances for Israel
- Farmworker Coordinating Council of Palm Beach County
- David’s Armenian Church
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum