Helping make a difference! SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2023
In keeping with Judaism’s teachings of Tikkun Olam, this is a day for volunteers of all ages to come together, lending their time, energy and compassion to work on projects that improve the lives of those in need.
This year, we will have on-campus, off-campus and at-home activities as well as collections. Donations can also be made to the Kantor Family Center for Justice.
Our Opening Ceremony featuring CBI President Sharon Landau, CBI Executive Director Steve Allen, CBI Clergy, elected officials, Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer and DJ Miss Susan will be held at CBI at 9am. A light breakfast will be served.
Giving in the Community
For those of you looking to get out into the community, we have a bunch of activities to choose from. Please sign up for what you would like to participate in:
- Red Reef Park Beach Clean Up: Join us at Red Reef Park at 10am to reduce litter, protect our ocean and raise awareness about litter and plastic pollution. Parking is complimentary for CBI Mitzvah Day Group. Please bring your own garbage bags and sunscreen – gloves, pickers, water and a snack will be provided.
- Gleaning: When we glean, we harvest fruits and vegetables for families, seniors and children who have limited access to fresh food. Join us and CROS Ministries to help pick fresh produce from 10-11:30am.
- Bingo at JARC: Join us at JARC (Jewish Adult Recreation Center) for a morning of bingo, pizza and fun with members of our community from 10-11:30am.
- Menorah House Concert: Cantor Muchnick and CBI's Adult Choir will be performing for residents of this assisted-living community at 11am.
- Little Free Pantry Food Delivery: Help us fill the Little Free Pantries at Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church with non-perishable food items that have been collected at CBI.
- Tri-County Animal Rescue: Deliver donations and to the Boca Raton facility.
- In Jacob's Shoes: Visit their facility in Deerfield to clean shoe for members of our community at 10am.
If you would like to be a captain of any of these activities or have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-241-8118 x119 with any questions.