Helping make a difference! SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 4, 2024
In keeping with Judaism’s teachings of Tikkun Olam, this is a day for volunteers of all ages to come together, lending their time, energy and compassion to work on projects that improve the lives of those in need.
This year, we will have on-campus, off-campus and at-home activities as well as collections. Donations can also be made to the Kantor Family Center for Justice.
The day will begin with an opening ceremony and continental breakfast at Congregation B’nai Israel. Our Opening Ceremony featuring CBI President Sharon Landau, CBI Executive Director Steve Allen, CBI Clergy, Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer and DJ Miss Susan will be held at CBI at 9am. Programs will be held both on campus and at a few satellite locations following the Opening Ceremony.
Giving in the Community
For those of you looking to get out into the community, we have a bunch of activities to choose from. Please sign up for what you would like to participate in:
- Spanish River Park Beach Clean Up: Join us at Spanish River Park at 10am to reduce litter, protect our ocean and raise awareness about litter and plastic pollution. Parking is complimentary for CBI Mitzvah Day Group. Please bring your own garbage bags and sunscreen – gloves, pickers, water and a snack will be provided.
- Gleaning: When we glean, we harvest fruits and vegetables for families, seniors and children who have limited access to fresh food. Join us and CROS Ministries to help pick fresh produce from 10-11:30am.
- Bingo at JARC: Join us at JARC (Jewish Association for Residential Care) for a morning of bingo, pizza and fun with members of our community from 10-11:30am.
- Little Free Pantry Food Delivery: Help us fill the Little Free Pantries at Ebenezer Missionary Baptist Church with non-perishable food items.
- In Jacob's Shoes: Visit their facility in Deerfield to clean shoes for members of our community at 10am.
- Food Bagging at Jacobson Family Food Pantry: Volunteer at the Jacobson Family Food Pantry located in Delray Beach, restocking shelves and preparing food bags for home delivery for their clients in need at 10:30am.